Well, we had a taste of Toronto road closures down by the Lakeshore last weekend. Now they're back with a vengeance.
Toronto will feel the full traffic impact of the Honda Indy. So expect significant delays.
We strongly recommend you steer clear of the Lakeshore, Gardiner, and Exhibition area this weekend. If you're attending the Honda Indy, we suggest you use the TTC.
And any plans to take the GO Train should be double-checked, as there will be significant service delays.
The other road closures to note will be along the Allen — a route which gives drivers serious headaches even without closures.
Otherwise, there's still ongoing construction around Bayview and Jarvis. And there are still those weekend TTC closures on Line 1.
Effective: Wednesday 12 a.m. to Sunday 11:59 p.m.
- Canada Blvd. closed
- Manitoba Dr. closed
- Newfoundland Rd.
- Nova Scotia Ave. closed
- Nunavut Rd. closed
- Ontario Dr. closed
- Prince Edward Island Cres. closed
- Princes' Blvd. closed
- Quebec St. closed
- Saskatchewan Rd. closed
- Lake Shore Blvd. W. lane closure westbound from Strachan Ave. to Ontario Dr.
- Strachan Ave. closed southbound from Fleet. St. to Lake Shore Blvd. W.
- Lake Shore Blvd. W. closed from Strachan Ave. to British Columbia Rd.
- GO Transit Service delays
- Toronto Transit Commission 29 Dufferin detouring
- Toronto Transit Commission 145 Downtown/Humber Bay Express detouring
- Toronto Transit Commission 329 Dufferin Night Bus detouring
*The westbound curb and middle lanes of Lake Shore between Strachan and Ontario Drive will be closed from midnight Sunday to Monday at 6 a.m. (So crews can remove the barriers used during the Honda Indy).
Effective: All weekend
- Broadview Ave. closed from First Ave. to Kintyre Ave.
- Dundas St E. closed from Hamilton St. to Boulton Ave.
Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Bloor St. W. closed from Armadale Ave. to Runnymede Rd.
Allen Rd. Construction
Effective: Friday 11:00 p.m. to Monday 5:00 a.m.
- William Road Allen Rd. S. closed from Allen Express Lawrence W. Ramp to Eglinton Ave. W.
Effective: All weekend
- One northbound lane and one southbound lane of Jarvis Street between Dundas and Queen streets closed
- Pedestrian access available
- Drivers and cyclists will be urged to use either Church or Sherbourne Street
Other Subway Closures This Weekend
Effective: Saturday and Sunday
- Line 2 St. George to Broadview