The 5 Most-Viewed Rental Units in Toronto Over the Past Two Weeks
Currently, the overall average rent for all property types in Toronto decreased 9.7% year-over-year to $2,013 in June, with one-bedroom rental units in the city rising a slight 0.2% from a month prior to $1,836 while average two-bedroom rents rose 1.9% month-over-month to $2,502, according to the latest data from Rentals.ca.
As such, renters have negotiating power and more options now, which was typically unheard of before COVID took hold. And while rents in Toronto are still relatively high compared to the rest of the Canadian real estate market, it is a welcomed relief for renters who have been paying sky-high prices for the opportunity to reside in Canada’s largest city.
To get a better understanding of what rental units renters are eyeing up these days and where they want to live, we’ve rounded up the five most-viewed rental units in Toronto from July 7 to July 20, according to data from our friends at Rentals.ca.
The data is broken down into different rental unit segments, including apartments and condos, which then vary by room size.
Most Viewed 1-Bedroom Apartment: 390 Cherry Street
- Specs: 1-bedrooms, 1-bathroom, 550-sq.ft
- Price: $1,900
- Building: The Gooderham
- Description: Located in Toronto’s Distiller District, this one-bedroom unit is pet friendly and has a spacious balcony. Heating, hot water, and ensuite laundry are also included in this unit. The future tenant will also have access to great building amenities including bike parking, an outdoor pool, a concierge, a communal outdoor space, a rec room lounge, and a gym.
Other sought-after 1-bedroom apartment options:
Most Viewed 2-Bedroom Apartment: 197 Yonge Street
- Specs: 2-bedrooms, 1-bathroom, 645-sq.ft
- Price: $1,945
- Building: The Massey Tower Condos
- Description: This spacious unit features an upgraded kitchen and bathroom, stainless steel appliances, stone countertops, ensuite laundry, and a balcony. The building also features great amenities including a lobby/lounge, a yoga and pilates room, a party room, a sauna, guest suites, a movie room, a rooftop patio, an indoor pool, a fitness centre and gym, direct subway access, and much more. The unit is available to rent now.
Other sought-after 2-bedroom apartment options:
Most Viewed 1-Bedroom Condo: 100 Western Battery Road
- Specs: 1-bedrooms, 1-bathroom
- Price: $1,850
- Building: Vibe at Liberty Village
- Description: This one bedroom unit offers lots of natural light thanks to the floor-to-ceiling windows, which step out to the 100+ square foot balcony that boasts incredible city and lake views. Highlights include an open concept kitchen, living, and dining space, laminate floors throughout, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances. Heating and water are also included in the monthly rent.
Other sought-after 1-bedroom condo options:
Most Viewed 2-Bedroom Condo: 231 Fort York Boulevard
- Specs: 2-bedrooms, 2-bathroom, 780-sq.ft
- Price: $2,495
- Building: Atlantis at Waterpark City
- Description: Centrally located in downtown Toronto, between historic Fort York and Coronation Park, this 2-bedroom unit is spacious and great for roommates or someone who works from home. The unit features ensuite laundry, stainless steel appliances, ample cupboard/storage space, and a balcony. Building highlights include access to the Atlantis’s Club Oasis, a full-fledged recreation and spa centre reserved for residents that offers aerobics and yoga studios, massage therapy, an outdoor sundeck, saunas, and swimming for those days you’re looking to stay in.
Other sought-after 2-bedroom condo options:
Most Viewed 3-Bedroom Unit: 512 Eastern Avenue
- Specs: 3-bedrooms, 1-bathrooms, 750-sq.ft
- Price: $3,095
- Building type: House
- Description: This charming three-bedroom unit is located on the top floor of a recently renovated, 2-storey home located in South Riverdale and just steps from Leslieville. Highlights include hardwood floors throughout, high-gloss white kitchen cabinets, quartz cabinets, stainless steel appliances, a bright breakfast nook, ensuite laundry, air conditioning, and a large deck that’s perfect for entertaining.