The 5 Most-Viewed Rental Units in Toronto in the Past Month
In the wake of COVID, Toronto’s rental apartment vacancy rate hit a 50-year high in Q4-2020, while the average one-bedroom rental units in the city have dropped 19.4% year-over-year to $1,808, while average two-bedroom rents have declined 18.1% to $2,388 in February, according to the latest data from Rentals.ca.
As such, renters have negotiating power and more options now, which was typically unheard of before COVID took hold. And while rents in Toronto are still relatively high compared to the rest of the Canadian real estate market, it is a welcomed relief for renters who have been paying sky-high prices for the opportunity to reside in Canada’s largest city.
To get a better understanding of what rental units renters are eyeing up these days, and where they want to live, we’ve rounded up the five most-viewed rental units in Toronto from March 17 to April 6, according to data from our friends at Rentals.ca.
The data is broken down into different rental unit segments, including apartments and condos which then vary by room size. Some listings are still currently available, while others have already been rented out.
Most Viewed 1-Bedroom Apartment: 88 Redpath Avenue:
- Specs: 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom
- Price: $1,695
- Building: Mount Pleasant West Apartments
- Description: Located in Toronto’s vibrant Yonge and Eglinton neighbourhood in the heart of midtown, this one-bedroom rental unit in this building features wood flooring, lots of windows for natural light, a dishwasher, and the building has a promotion where tenants can receive one month of free rent when they sign a 12-month lease.
Other sought-after 1-bedroom apartment options:
Most Viewed 1-Bedroom Condo: 181 Huron Street
- Specs: 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom, 518-sq.ft
- Price: $1,400
- Building: Design Haus Condo
- Description: This is a great unit for those wanting to live near Kensington Market, the University of Toronto, or just near the downtown action. This bright and airy 1-bedroom unit has a beautiful and modern kitchen, while the building has air conditioning, an outdoor terrace, a fitness centre, and parking.
Other sought-after 1-bedroom condo options:
Most Viewed 2-Bedroom Apartment: 926 College Street
- Specs: 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom, 500-sq.ft
- Price: $1,800
- Building type: Aparment
- Description: Located in the heart of College Street, with eateries and boutiques just steps from the front door, this 2-bedroom apartment features approximately 500-sq.ft of living space with 10’ high ceilings. The unit has a newly renovated kitchen, bathroom, and brand-new appliances.
Other sought-after 2-bedroom apartment options:
Most Viewed 2-Bedroom Condo: 77 Mutual Street
- Specs: 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom, 650-sq.ft
- Price: $2,200
- Building: Max Condos
- Description: This brand-new, 2-bedroom corner unit suite comes with parking and a locker and is located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Features include a beautiful modern kitchen with built-in appliances, ensuite laundry, and a large balcony with stunning northeast views.
Other sought-after 2-bedroom condo options:
Most Viewed 3+ Bedroom Units: 2 Blackthorn Avenue
- Specs: 3.5-bedroom, 2-bathroom
- Price: $2,825
- Building type: Townhouse
- Description: Located in Corsa Italia, this spacious townhouse was recently renovated and features modern designer finishes including stainless steel kitchen appliances, laminate hardwood floors, and glass banisters trailing the length of the indoor staircase. Perfect for single families or a group of young professionals.