The Winning $70 Million Lotto Max Ticket Was Sold in the GTA
One Ontario resident is about to become a
little bit HELL of a lot richer.
The single winning Lotto Max ticket for a whopping $70 million jackpot was sold just outside of Toronto in Brampton, the OLG announced Wednesday morning.
If the lucky ticket holder comes forward to claim their prize, this will mark the biggest lottery prize ever awarded in Canadian.
And considering the average price of a home in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is now close to $1 million, winning this jackpot means someone may finally be able to afford a house (or block of houses) in the region.
So, if a million-dollar home is suddenly in your price range, you could consider checking out this stunning $1.59 million penthouse in downtown Toronto, or, if you’re looking to get North of Bloor, there’s always this beautiful $1.18 million home in Summerhill.
Of course, with seventy million in your account, you could always consider this spacious $4.49 million home in Deer Park.
- Looking Ahead: Realtors Predict Toronto’s Real Estate Future For 2020
- The Year Ahead – Top Ten Ideas For A Better Toronto
- Toronto’s Ever-Expanding Population Needs To Be Housed
The major draw, which was held Tuesday, also produced some other big wins across the province, including:
- Six tickets worth $1 million each were sold in Brampton, Hamilton, the Niagara Region, Oshawa, Ottawa, and Pickering.
- Two tickets worth $500,000 each were sold in Niagara Falls and Perth County.
- Three tickets worth $333,333.40 each were sold in Richmond Hill, Toronto, and online.
- Two second prize-winning tickets worth $197,679.90 each, were sold in Brampton and York Region.
- Five tickets, worth $100,000 each, were sold in Lanark County, Renfrew County, Simcoe County, Sudbury, and online.
Lottery players can check their numbers on the OLG lottery app or website.