What’s Open and Closed in Toronto on Easter Weekend
The Easter long weekend is finally here, albeit with a different tone, as Toronto still remains in the grey-lockdown zone of Ontario’s framework.
In the grey zone — the strictest tier in the framework — indoor dining remains closed in restaurants and strict capacity limits have been placed on businesses. Residents are also encouraged not to gather with others.
That being said, on April 2, while most of the city will be shut down for Good Friday, there will be some exceptions.
Places that are closed
- LCBO and Beer Stores
- Provincial and municipal government offices
- Post offices and mail delivery
Places that are open
- The TTC will operate on a holiday service schedule, which means all TTC routes will operate on their Sunday service schedules but will start earlier, at approximately 6 am. Any routes that do not normally operate on Sundays, will not operate on the holiday.
- GO Transit will be running, though it will be operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Some restaurants will still be open for takeout, delivery, and patio dining. We advise calling ahead to see what’s open near you.
While most major grocery stores will be closed on Good Friday, there are a few confirmed exceptions, listed below:
- Fresh and Wild (Bloor and Spadina locations): Good Friday, 9 am to 8 pm.
- Galleria Supermarket (7040 Yonge Street): Open 24 hours
- Galleria Supermarket (865 York Mills Road): 7 am to 10 pm
- Galleria Supermarket (558 Yonge Street): 8 am to 10 pm
- Galleria Supermarket (351 Bloor Street West): 8 am to 10 pm
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street): 7 am to 8 pm
- Pusateri’s (1539 Avenue Road): 7 am to 6 pm
- Pusateri’s (57 Yorkville Avenue): 8 am to 6 pm
- Pusateri’s (2901 Bayview Avenue): 9 am to 6 pm
- Various Rabba locations: Rabba Fine Foods says at this time, it remains open to serve customers 24/7.
- Saks Food Hall (25 The West Mall): 9 am to 6 pm
- The Food Depot (Dupont Street): Open 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- The Kitchen Table (10 Queens Quay West): Open 7 days per week, 6 am to 12 am
- The Kitchen Table (389 Spadina Road): Open 7 days per week, 7 am to 12 am
- The Kitchen Table (705 King Street West): Open 7 days per week, 6 am to 2 am
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Road): 10 am to 6 pm
There will also be a number of shopping centres open on Good Friday including:
- CF Markville (5000 Hwy 7): 11 am to 6 pm
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street): 11 am to 7 pm
- Hillcrest Mall (9350 Yonge Street): 11 am to 6 pm
- Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Avenue East): 11 am to 8 pm
- Promenade (1 Promenade Circle): 11 am to 6 pm
- Toronto Premium Outlets (13850 Steeles Avenue West): 10 am to 7 pm