Toronto Road Closures To Steer Clear Of This Weekend (Nov 15-17)
Toronto road closures are coming to town right alongside the Santa Claus Parade.
Whether you’ve been naughty or nice isn’t going to mean much to your commute since the downtown core will be locked up pretty tight regardless.
On top of the parade route closures, expect lane closures on the Queensway, around Adelaide, and Yonge and Dundas to be big concerns during your drive this weekend.
With more snow expected, isn’t easier to just stay home with hot chocolate?
Toronto Santa Claus Parade
Sunday, November 18, 2018 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Bloor St. W. closed from Ossington Ave. to Christie St.
- Bremner Blvd. closed from York St. to Lake Shore Blvd. W.
- Front St. E. closed from Jarvis St. to Sherbourne St.
- Lower Jarvis St. closed from Front St. E. to The Esplanade
- Bloor St. W. closed from Christie St. to Avenue Rd.
- Queen’s Park closed from Bloor St. W. to Queen’s Park Cres. E.
- Queen’s Park Cres. E. closed from Queen’s Park to Queen’s Park
- Queen’s Park Cres. W. closed from Queen’s Park to Queen’s Park
- University Ave. closed from College St. to Wellington St. W.
- University Ave. closed from Wellington St. W. to Front St. W.
- York St. closed from Front St. W. to Bremner Blvd.
- Front St. E. closed from Yonge St. to Jarvis St.
- Wellington St. W. closed from University Ave. to Yonge St.
- Yonge St. closed from Wellington St. W. to Front St. W.
- Queens Quay E. lane closure eastbound from Lower Jarvis St. to Parliament St.
Thirtieth St. Closure
Effective: Thursday at 7:00 a.m. to Friday at 11:59 p.m.
- Thirtieth St. closed from Elder Ave. to Lake Shore Blvd. W.
Main St. Closure
Effective: All weekend
- Main St. closed from Doncaster Ave. to Lumsden Ave.
- Main St. closed from Gerrard St. E. to Kingston Rd.
The Queensway Lane Closure
Effective: Monday, November 12 to December 22
- The Queensway lane closure eastbound from Parkside Dr. to Claude Ave.
Illuminite – Tree Lighting Ceremony
Effective: Friday to Saturday
- Dundas Sq. closed from Yonge St. to O’Keefe Lane
Adelaide St. W. Closure
Effective: Friday, November 16, 2018 8:00 p.m. to Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:01 a.m.
- Adelaide St W closed from Sheppard St. to Bay St.
Effective: All weekend
- One northbound lane and one southbound lane on Jarvis Street between Dundas and Queen streets are closed.
- Pedestrian access available.
- Drivers and cyclists will be urged to use either Church or Sherbourne.