Waterfront Toronto Announces Shortlist of Partners for the Quayside Development
We’re moving a little closer to seeing the Quayside Development Opportunity become a reality.
The Quayside Development Opportunity is a 12-acre area located at the foot of Parliament Street and Lake Shore Boulevard East in Toronto. With the initiative, the former industrial site will become a vibrant mixed-use development with housing, promenades, retail space, and boardwalks.
Last year, plans for the coveted land took a turn when original partner, Sidewalk Labs, pulled out of the project and its plans to create a tech-driven, futuristic neighbourhood.
Today, Waterfront Toronto announced a shortlist of four proponents to potentially transform the land. In May, ten compliant submissions for the Quayside Development Opportunity Request for Qualifications (RFQ) were received.
“The number and quality of submissions is a clear indication that Toronto’s waterfront remains a desirable development destination, and that Quayside can and will contribute to the province’s post-pandemic recovery,” said Waterfront Toronto in a press release.
Following the evaluation of the ten (10) RFQ submissions received, four Proponent teams were selected to proceed to the Request for Proposals stage. They are:
Hines Canada Management II ULC
- Lead Developer: Hines Canada with Tridel Builders Inc.
- Lead Architect: Fosters + Partners
KMT Quayside Developments Inc.
- Lead Developer: Kilmer, Mattamy and Tricon
- Lead Architect: MVRDV, Cobe
Quayside Impact LP
- Lead Developer: Dream Unlimited Corp. and Great Gulf
- Lead Architect: Adjaye Associates, Alison Brooks Architects, Henning Larsen
The Daniels Corporation and Hullmark Developments Ltd.
- Lead Developer: The Daniels Corporation and Hullmark Developments
- Lead Architect: Diamond Schmitt Architects Inc.
The Shortlisted Proponents are being invited to respond to a Request for Proposals (RFP). Waterfront Toronto anticipates that the Preferred Proponent will be identified by the end of 2021.