These Are the Most-Viewed Rentals in the Greater Toronto Area
To put this into perspective, the downtown core has been hit the hardest, with decreases of over 20% to 25% annually in many areas, while the “outer-416” area of Toronto, which includes a lot of older apartment stock, has seen annual declines primarily in the range of 2% to 9% annually, according to Rentals.ca
As such, renters have negotiating power and more options now, which was typically unheard of before COVID took hold. And while rents in Toronto are still relatively high compared to the rest of the Canadian real estate market, it is a welcomed relief for renters who have been paying sky-high prices for the opportunity to reside in Canada’s largest city.
That being said, with prices in the downtown core still relatively high, renters are turning to areas outside of the city for more affordable — and spacious — options.
To get a better understanding of what units renters are eyeing up these days, and where they want to live, we’ve rounded up the most-viewed rentals in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) — which includes Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Burlington, North York, Scarborough, Brampton, Mississauga, Vaughan, Markham, York, and Pickering — from April 13 to 27, according to data from our friends at Rentals.ca.
The data is broken down into different rental unit segments, including apartments and condos, and then broken down by 1, 2, and 3+ bedroom units. The 3+ units for rent are for any type (house, condo, and apartments).
Most Viewed 1-Bedroom Apartment: 75 Huron Heights Drive
- Location: Newmarket
- Specs: 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom
- Price: $1,795
- Building: Huron Heights Apartments
- Description: Located within a 10-minute walk of restaurants, schools, parks, and playgrounds this bright and spacious apartment feature vinyl and tiled floors, a large kitchen with wooden cabinets, and ample storage space. The apartment building has on-site management, laundry facilities, a courtyard and patio, and has a newly renovated parking lot.
Other sought-after 1-bedroom apartment options:
- 160 Essex Avenue – Richmond Hill
- 3055 Glencrest Road – Burlington
- 1738 Wilson Avenue – North York
- 30 Tuxedo Court – Scarborough
Most Viewed 2-Bedroom Apartment: 1440 Tyandaga Park Drive
- Location: Burlington
- Specs: 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom
- Price: $1,980
- Building: Tyandaga Terrace Apartments
- Description: This spacious, 2-bedroom apartment features vinyl hardwood flooring, an all-white kitchen with stainless steel appliances, and it opens up onto a private ground-level patio. The apartment building is in close proximity to a variety of amenities and community offerings such as parks, libraries, and retail, including Mountainside Park and the Burlington Mall.
Other sought-after 2-bedroom apartment options:
- 505 Locust Street – Burlington
- 804 Clark Boulevard – Brampton
- 6 Carlis Place – Mississauga
- 44 Stubbs Drive – North York
Most Viewed 1-Bedroom Condo: 506 – 2565 Erin Centre Boulevard
- Location: Mississauga
- Specs: 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom, 550-sq.ft
- Price: $1,725
- Building: Parkway Place Ⅱ Condos
- Description: This 1-bedroom condo features an upgraded kitchen with lots of cabinet space, en-suite laundry, and large windows that fill the unit with natural light. There’s also a semi-private balcony offering city views. The building is also home to great amenities including a 24/7 concierge, a fitness centre, BBQ area, party room, indoor pool with a whirlpool jacuzzi and sauna, meeting room, games room, rec room, and a tennis court.
Other sought-after 1-bedroom condo options:
- 2396 Major Mackenzie Drive West – Vaughan
- 5025 Four Springs Avenue – Mississauga
- 35 Watergarden Drive – Mississauga
- 9201 Yonge Street – Richmond Hill
Most Viewed 2-Bedroom Condo: 7400 Markham Road
- Location: Markham
- Specs: 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom, 900-sq.ft
- Price: $1,800
- Building: Greenlife Golden Condos
- Description: This spacious 2-bed, 1-bath suite was recently painted and has new laminate floors. The unit is located in a ‘green life building’ that has an energy-efficient design and a geothermal heating and cooling system, so you’ll always have low utility bills. The building is also conveniently located near public transit, schools, parks, community centres, shopping, and the highway.
Other sought-after 2-bedroom condo options:
Most Viewed 3+ Bedroom Units: 1865 Glenanna Road
- Location: Pickering
- Specs: 3-bedroom, 1-bathroom
- Price: $1,780
- Building: Pickering Place Apartments
- Description: This spacious 3-bedroom apartment has large windows and a balcony offering lots of natural light, while the open-concept floor plan makes the unit feel even larger. Located across from Pickering Town Centre, you have great shopping within a two-minute walk, while the Pickering Recreation Complex is directly across the street and offers amenities and activities for residents of all ages.