The summer may be (sadly) drawing to a close, but the Labour Day long weekend is around the corner, giving Toronto residents one last chance to enjoy a leisurely day of fun and sun in stat-holiday-style.
But, as mentioned, Labour Day — which falls on Monday, September 4 this year — is a statutory holiday, which means that many government and public services will be closed for the day. Nonetheless, there will be plenty to see and do around the city, though some stores, services, and attractions will observe modified hours.
In short, be sure to plan ahead to ensure you make the most of the day.
What’s Closed in Toronto on Labour Day:
- Government offices
- Canada Post
- CF Fairview Mall
- CF Sherway Gardens
- CF Shops at Don Mills
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- Scarborough Town Centre
- Dufferin Mall
- Grocery stores (with a few exceptions)
What’s Open in Toronto on Labour Day:
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- CF Markville - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Square One Shopping Centre - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Toronto Premium Outlets - 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Bramalea City Centre - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Pacific Mall - 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Select drugstores (opening hours for Shoppers Drug Mart locations can be found here; opening hours for Rexall locations can be found here)
- Select Beer Stores (opening hours for individual locations can be found here)
- Select Wine Rack stores (opening hours for individual locations can be found here)
- Loblaws (60 Carlton Street) - 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Whole Foods (87 Avenue Road) - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Metro (444 Yonge Street) - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Food Depot 155 Dupont Street - open 24 hours
- Rabba Fine Foods (various locations) - open 24 hours
- Farm Boy 777 Bay Street - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; 207 Queens Quay West - 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.; 100 Queens Quay East - 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.; 81 St. Clair Avenue East - 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- The Kitchen Table - 10 Queens Quay West - 6 a.m. to midnight; 389 Spadina Road - 7 a.m. to midnight; 155 Dupont Street - 24 hours; 705 King Street West - 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Pusateri’s - 2901 Bayview Avenue - 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; 1539 Avenue Road - 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.; 57 Yorkville Avenue - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- CN Tower - 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Hockey Hall of Fame - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Art Gallery of Ontario - 10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Ontario Science Centre - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ripley’s Aquarium - 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Royal Ontario Museum - 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Art Gallery of Ontario - 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Casa Loma - 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ontario Place - 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Toronto Zoo - 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Aga Khan Museum - 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Toronto Islands
- Select movie theatres
- Public pools (information on locations can be found here)