We're finally here, Toronto, the last long weekend of the summer. And it just so happens that we have your complete guide to what's open and closed this Labour Day, so you can plan the best weekend possible.
If you’re not planning on heading to a cottage this weekend, here’s what’s open and closed in Toronto this holiday Monday, September 7.
Please keep in mind that when visiting indoor attractions, a mask or face covering must be worn at all times. And when enjoying outdoor spaces, keep in mind that you still need to properly physically distance yourself from anyone outside of your social circle. Frequent hand washing and sanitization is also recommended by public health.
What’s Open on Labour Day:
- The TTC is running on a holiday schedule
- GO Transit is running on a Sunday schedule
- Toronto Island Park and the ferry is running on a weekend/holiday schedule
Photo by Tim Gouw on Unsplash
- High Park Zoo: 7 am to dusk
- Toronto Zoo (Scenic Safari): 9:30 am to 6 pm
- Ontario Science Centre: 10 am to 5 pm
- CN Tower: 10 am to 8 pm
- Ripley’s Aquarium: 10 am to 8 pm
- Hockey Hall of Fame: 10 am to 4 pm
- Stackt Market: 11 am to 8 pm
- Movie theatres: Check local listings for showtimes
- Casa Loma: 9:30 am to 5 pm
- The Bentway: 10 am to 5 pm
Aga Khan Museum/Twitter
- Aga Khan Museum: 10 am to 6 pm
- Gardiner Museum: 10 am to 5 pm
- Museum of Illusions: 11 am to 7 pm
Toronto Eaton Centre, @shotsbyfreddy/Instagram
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre: 11 am to 7 pm
- Square One: 11 am to 7 pm
- Upper Canada Mall: 11 am to 6 pm
- Toronto Premium Outlets: 11 am to 7 pm
- Pacific Mall: 11 am to 7 pm
- Vaughan Mills: – 11 am to 7 pm
Image by Squirrel_photos from Pixabay
- Galleria Supermarket: (7040 Yonge Street): 24 hours; (865 York Mills Road): 8 am to 10 pm; (558 Yonge Street Toronto): 8 am to 10 pm; (351 Bloor Street Toronto): 7 am to 12 am
- Food Depot: (155 Dupont Street): Open 24 hours
- Kitchen Table: (10 Queens Quay West) 6 am to 12 am; (389 Spadina Road) 7 am to 12 am; (705 King St. West) 6 am to 2 am
- Loblaws: (60 Carlton Street): 7 am to 10 pm
- Pusateri’s: (57 Yorkville Ave., Toronto) 8 am to 7 pm; (Bayview Village, 2901 Bayview Ave., Toronto): 9 am to 6 pm; (1539 Avenue Rd., Toronto): 7 am to 7 pm
- Rabba Fine Food: (various locations): open 24 hours
- Summerhill Market:(446 Summerhill Avenue, Toronto): 9 am to 8 pm; (1054 Mt. Pleasant Road, Toronto): 8 am to 8 pm
- T&T: (7070 Warden Avenue): 8 am to 12 am; (9255 Woodbine Ave.) 8 am to 11 pm; (1 Promenade Circle) 9 am to 10 pm; (8339 Kennedy Rd., Markham) 9 am to 10 pm
- Whole Foods: (87 Avenue Road, Toronto): 8 am to 9 pm
- Select The Beer Store locations in Toronto, and across the province, will be open from 11 am to 6 pm Check online for locations.
Sunnyside Gus Ryder Outdoor Pool/City of Toronto
The following outdoor pools will have regular hours on Saturday and Sunday, and will be open from 12 to 5 pm on Labour Day Monday:
- Alex Duff: 779 Crawford St.
- Donald D. Summerville: 1867 Lake Shore Blvd. E.
- Heron Park: 292 Manse Rd.
- Grandravine: 23 Grandravine Dr.
- McGregor: 2231 Lawrence Ave. E.
- Parkway Forest: 59 Forest Manor Rd.
- Pine Point: 15 Grierson Rd.
- Riverdale Park: 550 Broadview Ave.
- Sunnyside-Gus Ryder: 1755 Lake Shore Blvd. W.
- West Mall: 370 The West Mall
What’s Closed on Labour Day:
Photo by Tim Mossholder from Pexels
- Government offices, banks, most retail outlets
- Toronto Public Library branches are closed on Sunday and Monday
- There is no Canada Post mail collection or delivery
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Art Gallery of Ontario
- Fort York and Spadina Museum
Toronto police will also not be enforcing on-street parking by-laws during Labour Day Monday.