Major Road and TTC Closures Coming to Toronto This Weekend
Toronto has some warm weather in store this weekend, which means people will want to get out and about, but with a number of road and TTC closures happening, you’ll definitely want to plan ahead.
From August 6 to 7, the City will be carrying out a number of construction projects, leading to closures on major roads like Lake Shore Boulevard and King Street West. And with more work on the upcoming Eglinton Crosstown LRT set to take place, the city’s transit system will be affected, including a partial closure of the Line 1 subway.
The City of Toronto is advising anyone who needs to drive in the general vicinity of the road closures to stay alert, consider alternate routes, and allow extra time to get to their destination.
- Lanes on The Queensway, between Parkside Drive and Roncesvalles Avenue, are reduced to one shared travel lane in each direction for King-Queen-Queensway-Roncesvalles TTC track replacement and road reconstruction work
- King Street West is also closed at the King-Queen-Queensway-Roncesvalles intersection and eastbound left turns are not permitted from The Queensway to Glendale Avenue
- Westbound Lake Shore Boulevard East, between Parliament and Lower Sherbourne Streets, is reduced to one lane until 9 p.m. on Saturday, August 13 for gas main installation work by Enbridge
- Bayview Avenue, from Rosedale Valley Road to Lawren Harris Square, will be closed to vehicle traffic for ActiveTO, from 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 6 until 7 p.m. on Sunday, August 7
- River Street, between Bayview Avenue and Spruce Street, will be closed to vehicle traffic for ActiveTO, from 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 6 until 7 p.m. on Sunday, August 7
- Roads within High Park are closed to vehicle traffic during the weekend
- No subway service on Line 1 between Lawrence and St. Clair stations due to Eglinton Crosstown construction
- Adjustments will be made to bus and streetcar service due to events taking place this weekend. Updates will be made on the TTC website.