There's no denying that Toronto rentals are downright expensive, with tenants oftentimes shelling out thousands of dollars every month just to live in a cramped condo. Any yet, those prices suddenly feel like chump change when you start looking at what it costs to live in a rental on the higher end of the city's price spectrum.
Signing a lease on one of the most expensive pads that Toronto can offer will have you looking down the barrel of a several-hundred-thousand-dollar bill each year. In fact, the most expensive rental on the market right now is priced at a whopping $60K per month -- that's $720K per year, which is not exactly within the average Torontonian's budget.
But when you're dealing with an ultra-luxury rental, you're going to get access to amenities that you wouldn't find elsewhere, with some rentals featuring everything from an indoor desert garden to in-unit elevators, grand ballrooms, and closets bigger than some Toronto condos.
So, if you'd like to join in on a little daydreaming about what it'd be like to be able to throw down over half-a-million dollars on rent every year, here are five of the most expensive rentals on the market in Toronto right now.
17 and 19 High Point Road - $60,000/month
- Price: $60,000/month
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 14
- Size: 26,000 sq. ft
- Parking spaces: 30
- Features: Indoor desert gardens, indoor pool, indoor sports court, golf simulator, theatre room, billiards room, wet bar, massage room, ballroom, 10-car garage, staff quarters
- Listed by:RE/MAX Realtron Barry Cohen Homes Inc.
2280 Doulton Drive - $53,500/month
- Price: $53,500/month
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 10
- Lot Size: 2.16 acres
- Parking spaces: 12
- Features: Elevator, sauna, exercise room, games room, dance floor, nanny's quarters, tennis court, gardener's apartment with separate entrance, pool, hot tub
- Listed by:RE/MAX Goldenway Realty Inc.
4 Beaumont Road - $35,000/month
- Price: $35,000/month
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 7
- Size: 5,000 sq. ft+
- Parking spaces: 10
- Features: Pool, hot tub, wrap-around terrace, rooftop deck, rec room, exercise room, six fireplaces
- Listed by:Harvey Kalles Real Estate Ltd.
1 St Thomas St - Unit 17B
- Price: $25,000/month
- Bedrooms: 2 + den
- Bathrooms: 3
- Size: 3,900 sq. ft
- Parking spaces: 2
- Features: Two private elevators, designer built-ins, oversized walk-in closet, two large terraces, panoramic views of downtown Toronto, oversized locker, building equipped with: 24/7 valet and concierge, dining room with catering, guest suites, pool, spa, gym, and car wash
- Listed by:Re/Max Realtron Barry Cohen Homes Inc.
110 Kilbarry Road - $24,500/month
- Price: $24,500/month
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 8
- Size: 6,000 sq. ft
- Parking spaces: 8
- Features: Four levels of living space, home theatre, underground car garage with electric charging, integrated Sonos sound system, outdoor kitchen
- Listed by:Sotheby's International Realty Canada